The Missionaries 2 Marriages Statement of Beliefs
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired, infallible Word of God (II Timothy 3:15, 16; Isaiah 55:11).
- We believe in one infinite, personal God whose divine being exists in three distinguishable persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Though these Three are coequal and coeternal, each is distinct, but with harmonious functions. This one true and living God is the creator of the heavens and the earth, and uniquely all mankind (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 1:3-14; Genesis 1:1; Colossians 1:16; Genesis 1:26-27; Acts 17:24-26).
- We believe in the virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, His sinless life, His vicarious atoning death upon the cross, His physical resurrection and ascension and His second coming (Matthew 1:18-25; Romans 8:34; Acts 1:10; John 14:2,3; Acts 1:11; Hebrews 4:15).
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8, 9; Romans 5:8, 9).
- We believe in water baptism by immersion preceded by an act of repentance (Luke 3:3; Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19).
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial Biblical physical evidence of speaking in other tongues and prophecy (Acts 2:4; 10:44-48; 19:6) and the present day ministry of the gifts of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 1:4-8; 12-14; Romans 12:3-16; I Peter 64:10-11). In consideration of our brothers and sisters who may not have had the same initial experience, we acknowledge the continuing evidence of godly character as manifested in the fruit of the spirit (1 Corinthians 10:13; Galatians 5:22-23).
- We believe in the divine healing provided through the redemptive work of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross (Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:16, 17).
- We believe in the sanctifying and keeping power of the Holy Spirit who enables us to live a holy life (I Thessalonians 4:3; II Thessalonians 2:13; Hebrews 12:14; I Peter 1:3-5).
- We believe in the commitment of each member to a continuing faithfulness to the doctrines, fellowship, prayer, and financial support of this body (Acts 2:42-47; II Corinthians 9:6-8).